Growing Up a Big Sister
Growing up being the oldest child of seven children wasn't always easy. You see, I actually wondered many times who in the heck were all these people and why are they so loud.
My baby sister and I had an automatic bond. Mother and Daddy had my youngest sister when I was almost 15 and it appalled me to think the parents still...well you know...
When I found out Mother was pregnant (again), I was told that I blurted out, "well I hope it's a cat so we can drop it." Oh, but I was wrong! My baby sister is the little girl I never had. We share laughter, fears, grief, tears, joy and secrets. Thank you my Queen.
My first sister and I are also very close but not in miles. Bez had the nerve to move all the way to Tennessee but knowing she is happy - well, I have to be happy for her. I miss our talks, our trips to the flea markets and our funny adventures (you will see - we have been in some humpty doo situations). We crack each other up. Bez husband would always say when we would almost fall in the door laughing so hard after being out for the afternoon - "now what did you two girls get into today?" Adventure stories to come....
My baby sister and I had an automatic bond. Mother and Daddy had my youngest sister when I was almost 15 and it appalled me to think the parents still...well you know...
When I found out Mother was pregnant (again), I was told that I blurted out, "well I hope it's a cat so we can drop it." Oh, but I was wrong! My baby sister is the little girl I never had. We share laughter, fears, grief, tears, joy and secrets. Thank you my Queen.
My first sister and I are also very close but not in miles. Bez had the nerve to move all the way to Tennessee but knowing she is happy - well, I have to be happy for her. I miss our talks, our trips to the flea markets and our funny adventures (you will see - we have been in some humpty doo situations). We crack each other up. Bez husband would always say when we would almost fall in the door laughing so hard after being out for the afternoon - "now what did you two girls get into today?" Adventure stories to come....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home