Being A MeMaw is a Beautiful Thing
Being a MeMaw is such a delight. As the story goes - my son and daughter-in-law called me one Sunday afternoon. They said they had been trying to reach me for at least an hour (being from the old school, I don't have call waiting and was talking with my sister who then lived in Tampa). Anyway, they drove over to see if I wanted to go to Micanopy and to go antigue hunting for an old lantern sconce globe - of course I said yes. We were on our way to the "land of the hunt for lost treasures" when it seemed the sky bottom fell out. It was pouring rain - but not enough to dampen our treasure hunt spirits. My daughter-in-law kept saying "I'm thirsty - let's go somewhere for some hot chocolate, " so we ended up at the SunMall. The kids were telling me they wanted to give me a gift, and of course I just love gifts. They asked me, "Mom, if there was anyting in the whole wide world you could have right now what would it be?" My response was "a new front door would sure be nice" - good grief DJer - my second choice was a new lamp for Mother's room - "No, they said, how about a grandbaby." My son said I turned stark white, then very red and then a nice shade of purple - they thought I was going to pass out right there! To be cont. regarding grandchild #2....


2 Comments:
Dottie, I love the blog - you are a great writer - keep it up - love the wall paper, love the pictures, love the story, LOVE IT ALL!!!!!!!
Jeannie
Well thanks to my wonderful neice and your daughter - Tori did the wallpaper. I indicated I wanted something daisy and with "no, not pee yellow, yes, kinda muted green, brown, yellow" Tori came up with this background for me. I told her, "see, at least this is getting us closer." Bless her heart, she quietly giggled and fixed it for me.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home